In recent years, proprietary trading firms have emerged to become vital liquidity sources. With the withdrawal of banks from prop trading, the spotlight is now on its specialists who must “professionalize” the industry in order to build sustainable businesses and regain their industry prestige.
To explore this issue, FOW Magazine gathered together key figures from the London prop trading market for a roundtable discussion of challenges and opportunities for the industry going forward. FOW Editor Luke Jeffs moderated a lively conversation of the issues with these “prop idols”:
- Steve Woodyatt, CEO, Object Trading
- Eldon Kerr, Director, Starmark
- Stuart Heath, Head of UK Representative Office, Eurex
- Robert Smith, founder, Applied Financial Technology
- Didier Voinchet, Head of Trading, Bullmoose Derivatives
- Martin Frewer, Gobal Director, PTG, ABN Amro
- Mark Slade, Chief RiskOfficer, OSTC
Click the button below to read key takeaways from the round table.